New Oppotunities and Relationships

In my last post, I spoke of new opportunities that I would go into more in a later post. I'd like to share them with you now.


 
 
Recently I was contacted by James De Lorbe, Founder and Chairman of MADE: In America. This unique non-profit educational organization, headquartered here on Capital Hill in Washington, has been exploring ways to support American artist through a new initiative: American by Design. Since it's inception, MADE: In America had concentrated on supporting vulnerable industrial sectors, such as the American furniture industry and emerging sectors that includes organic growers and craft producers. The organization has already been recognizing the outstanding workmanship of artisan furniture makers such as Keith Fritz, whose signature pieces embody the best of American design, by presenting them with the William Thornton Award for Excellence in Craftsmanship. The award has been presented annually at the United States Capitol on the fourth of July since 2010.

In my first meeting with Jim, I was honored to learn that when he spoke with design professionals about the emerging initiative, it was suggested he talk to me for guidance on the new initiative. For each of their initiatives, MADE: In America recruits leading subject matter authorities to serve on a special advisory council. Members of the council provide guidance and expertise in designing and creating programs that address pressing needs in the sector to be served. After our initial meeting, Jim asked if I would consider serving as the National Chair for the new arts project and assist in recruiting members. I'm pleased and honored to take up this challenge and look forward to working with Jim and everyone at MADE: In America bringing much needed attention to American artists.

I've always been passionate about promoting companies that offer American products. In this struggling economy we are experiencing, I feel it is more important now than ever to support businesses, both large and small, that are dedicated in offering you the best of made in America.

For more information, you can go to www.madeinamerica-usa.org.


Courtesy of The Salmagundi Club, NYC.
 
On a second note, I'm also honored and proud to have been accepted as the newest member of The Salmagundi Club of New York City. The Salmagundi Club is one of the oldest art organizations in the United States. Many important American artists such as Howard Pyle, N C Wyeth and William Merrit Chase have been members of this exclusive and well regarded club. I look forward to becoming involved with the Salmagundi Club and broadening my professional profile in the NY market and throughout the United States.

For more information, you can go to www.salmagundi.org.

                                                 John Matthew Moore Fine Art and Home
                                                                     202-306-2852


No comments:

Post a Comment