Blues, Ivories and Browns.

Over the years I've had clients request works that were softer and more appropriate for bedrooms. Whenever I try new looks, I generally start with my signature tulips. Any other flower or shell would work just as well.  Even though I'm showing these looks in blues and chocolates, any color combination would work just as well.

Below I show the first two tulips 'lined' in Farrow and Ball Stone Blue, painted on hand antiqued watercolor paper. The works are raised and framed in hand painted ivory frames with a subtle antique strie to blend with the antique paper.


 
$1250.00 each as shown.
 
 
The second look was accomplished by first painting the watercolor paper Farrow and Ball's Powder Blue, also the wall color on which the paintings are hanging. The tulips were painted in white gouache giving them the look of negatives. I call these 'Ghost Tulips'.  They are raised and framed in hand painted ivory frames for a cleaner look.   Other backgrounds from greens to chocolates would be just as beautiful. The table skirt fabric is by Nobilis through Holly Hunt in a pebbled treatment.

 
 
$1650.00 as shown.
 
 
And finally I have the two tulips 'lined' in ivory on Farrow and Ball's Mahogany. A more graphic and modern look, but one that would work in any room with antiques or modern furnishings. These are also framed in the same manner as the four above.  The Amethyst skirt fabric is through Century.

 
 
$1250.00 each as shown.
 
 
If you would like to talk with me about commissioning a work or grouping of works using this softer approach, please free to contact me at 202.306.2852.

                                              John Matthew Moore Fine Art and Home
                                                     www.johnmatthewmoore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment